Friday, July 10, 2009

Wednesday, July 8, 2009



"Mårbacka" again! Isn't it absolutely stunning???


This is an old fashioned Swedish pelargonium named after home of the Swedish author and Nobel Prize winner Selma Lagerlöf.



The "blurry bud" has started to open.


This one is called Älvdalen and is named after a place in Sweden where I've once lived and that I love VERY much. Because of this (and because it's really beautiful) this pelargonium is very close to my heart. Älvdalen and Mårbacka are some of my favorites.



The strawberry has stared to become more white (= it's started to ripen)




My favorite flower box




The table and one of the other flowerboxes (quite pretty as well)


Unfortunately it seems to me like the Runner Beans /Rosenbönor are growing quite slowly (for being Runner Beans that is) I'm started to wonder if the white ones are weaker than the original orangey-red ones that i had the first summer. They didn't grow very well (again, for being Runner Beans) last summer either, but than again, NOTHING grew well that summer.

I will have to make up my mind until next summer if I should try something else on the trellis that will cover them better. On the other hand the only thing I can think of that grows as fast as Runner Beans usually do is Nasturtiums/Krasse and they don't come in my favorite colors (as far as I know, unless they've "inveted" new ones).

No comments: