Saturday, May 29, 2010

Sooooo many colors!

I must admit it, the vivid mix of colors have made me a little bit nervous. Have I taken it too far? Will it look too messy? Pale pinks petunias combined with the pale blue trailing lobelias WOULD be more my style. It's not that I don't like the colors, of course I do, I've bought them myself, it's the amount of them that had me worried.

But after enjoying a cup of tea on the balcony today and finally taking in the entire look I've decided that I like things the way they are. It makes me happy! And besides, it's the just balcony, should I grow tired of all the colors I can just go back to more subtle pastels next summer.



This is one of the colors I've worried about the most. It's a little
bit too red for my taste (it looked more pinkish when I bought it)



This one I love though



And this one as well, obviously



This color is a lot darker IRL, more like the bud you can see to the left



And this is probably the most unique of the colors



This one is hard to take photos of, it's bluer and darker IRL. Classic Petunia purple



And this is a bit warmer, more coral IRL



Me likes! Nothing worrying about white. LOL



Ooops, badly over exposed It's darker IRL



This is a better photo of the same flower


The 10th Petunia (to the right in the box above) is a wonderful, pale lavender plant but it doesn't have any flowers right now.



Tea on the balcony



My view from the chair





It's a rare treat to be able to drink tea on the balcony in the middle of the day. When it's sunny it's usually WAY too hot to stay more than a few minutes once the sun has reached around the house (the balcony is facing west and gets loads of sun) And what's worse, since there's a pizza place downstairs the customers and the owners love to smoke below my balcony (you're not allowed to smoke inside restaurants and public places in Sweden) and because of my asthma that always forces me indoors. Arrrghhhhh!!!!!

Today was a lovely day though, the temperature was just right and the smokers left me alone for a long time. After a while the sun disappeared behind dark clouds though and shortly I've I'd went back in it started to hail



No comments: