Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fall cleaning - Last weekend

I know, I'm way behind with the updates now but for various reasons I haven't been able to update for a while. These photos are from when I did a bit of fall cleaning/preparing last weekend (Sept 19-20)



The corner


The Deadly Nightshade/Belladonna and the Pansies/Penséer


As you could see some of the plants had started to look REALLY tired nearly dead. I got rid of the Nightshade and the Pansies and cut down most of the Petunias (except few stems that still had flowers)

I also replanted the Strawberries and the Wild Strawberries/smultron since I will try to keep them alive during the winter. I decided not to cut away the baby plants from their mothers until I know they're fully rooted.

I will also replant the chive/gräslök and parsley but I ran out of soil.



Strawberry - Before (Isn't it pretty?)



Strawberries - After



Yellow Pear


Tiny Tim


The tomatoes are still doing well and have actually started to ripen a lot as well, especially Yellow Pear. (Yellow Pear is BTW a very tasty tomato that I can highly recommend. Please remind me to get in next year as well)



The window sill is starting to look quite empty,
but the pelargoniums are still beautiful








No comments: